Friday, August 31, 2007

A Show of Gratitude

So I am rereading the BOM hoping to finish before Conference, which is soon. Yea, for conference I am sooo excited!!(I might actually see it in the conference center this year!) Anyway, in Nephi whenever a task is completed/commandment obeyed, Lehi and his family offer up burnt sacrifices and a prayer of thanks. This got me thinking about the things I am most grateful for in my life. Wanted to mimic their actions and show my gratitude, so here goes:

My HF, Jesus Christ and the spirit that helps guide me everyday
The Atonement
Prayer
My mom (she is a saint and someone whom I aspire to be like) and family. I love you all!
The scriptures
My life, my health, my job ( I really do love my job!)
Good Friends
Personal Revelation
Education
The Temple
My car
Good Food
Vacations and travel
Liberty and freedom
Agency
Big chunks of cookies in Cookies N' Cream Ice Cream
Good Hair days
Joy
The Internet
Peace
Books even though someone thinks I'm not a "reader" (love ya Nanc)
Hammocks
Dancing (Just ask me to do the Carlton from Fresh Prince) and music
Earth, nature, stars (I love astronomy and star gazing)
Dating and men who treat me with respect and kindness (where are you? LOL)
Intellect
Laughing and good humor
Love
Babies
my singing voice
Kissing
High Heels
Milkshakes
Rain (I love listening to the sound of rain hitting the rooftops)
Days when I can sleep in!
Musicals
Movies
cameras and pictures
A smile
Good running shoes

I am sure I have missed a lot of things I am grateful for but the list had to stop somewhere I guess. Thank you for all who are a part of my life. You all truly make me a better person just by knowing you!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey now! Where am I on the list??? :)

Natalie

FairfaxBuddha said...

So what did you offer as a burnt sacrifice?
Awesome to see how big your heart is and all the things you are grateful for. I'm so happy you are my sister, even if you aren't much of a reader. :)