Sunday, August 26, 2007

Star Treatment


So...Vicky and I went to see WICKED in L.A. almost two weeks ago and it was a lot of fun! Went to Huntington Beach, Hollywood and had great food! We had some really good times and one really bad one :) It was a miracle that we and my car survived the trip. Probably thinking..."why was she worried about her car, it's a 2004?" Well I'll let you in on one of the secrets to why I never want to live in Cali:
Vicky and I are driving along- I was driving- and we come upon an active construction zone. They have blocked off one lane and even have a construction worker holding one of those "SLOW" signs. Usually I interpret that to mean I should slow down, right? Well this truck behind us thought differently. He came up on my tail fast, flashed his brights and continued tailgating. I'm guessing to signal me to speed up or change lanes. Well since I couldn't change lanes nor go faster (hence the ACTIVE construction zone) I kept at my same steady pace. As the zone was ending and the lanes changed from one to two this big diesel truck speeds up, comes even with me, flips me the bird and proceeds to throw something directly at my car. Now you all know how much I love my car. I immediately had this sickening feeling in my stomach when first, I realized that something had hit my car at the speed of 60 mph and second, that there are such ignorant and dangerous people driving the highways.

Moral of the story:
Don't live in L.A. and I don't recommend driving 18+ hours in the span of three days (more if you count the hours once we got there) Maybe this experience was payback for when Andrew and I were little and got caught throwing berries at passing cars at the bus stop.

No comments: