Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ROAD TRIP!!!






Over Labor Day weekend I had the opportunity or took the opportunity to take a road trip. I put the word out and was able to recruit a few friends to come with! It was so much fun, we all had a great time. Our first stop was Palmyra, N.Y. which I had never been to before. The weather was perfect and conducive to the spirit that was present there. Learning about and being in all of the church historical sites was amazing, awe inspiring, spectacular, etc. I did, however have two favorite spots while visiting. The first one is probably pretty obvious:

1) the sacred grove - it was so peaceful there and neat to think that this was the place where God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith.(pictured above)

2) the replicated room in the Frame house where Joseph Smith was visited by the angel Moroni. We had the opportunity to bear our testimonies of Jesus Christ and his church while in this room.(pictured above)

The couple of days that were spent in Palmyra helped me ponder about my life and renewed my conviction to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Can't wait until I get to go back.

No comments: